- Diet Plan
- Exercise Plan
The Metabolic Syndrome Handbook
A handbook for the half of us who find it hard to keep the weight off, due to metabolic syndrome.
Here is why you are overweight ...
Up to 50% of the population suffer from the effects of metabolic syndrome at some stage of their life.
You might be suffering from metabolic syndrome if you have some of these conditions:
- Excess body weight, particularly around the abdomen.
- High blood pressure.
- High blood sugar levels (blood glucose).
- Low "good" cholesterol.
- High "bad" cholesterol.
Do nothing and metabolic syndrome will lead to diabetes, heart disease, stroke, a range of other medical conditions and early death.
... and what you can do about it
The bad news up-front:
- Fad diets don't work.
- Diet pills don't work.
- Surgery doesn't work, nor is it required.
- You need to reduce alcohol consumption.
- There are no quick fixes.
- Good nutrition is required.
- Moderate exercise is required.
- The most significant changes will come from learning how your body works and acting accordingly.
The good news is that metabolic syndrome is reversible. If you take action, you will change. This handbook gives you straight and honest advice.
© 2011 Metabolic Syndrome Society. Drupal theme by Kiwi Themes.